“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.” ― Winston Churchill
Did you know that LinkedIn according to Experian Marketing Services, received 94M total U.S. visits in December 2012, an increase of 40% in traffic compared to December 2011.
That’s a huge audience for any B2B products or service provider. Having said that many companies don’t utilise everything that they can do on their own ‘Company’ page.
Did you know you can now create a default Services/Product page and duplicate its content and tweak for audiences in different locations? This is fantastic if what you sell is global and differs between countries. Say if you we’re a language translation company for example. You can talk about your translation services in the language appropriate for the country your targeting.
You also have the option of adding in up to 3 (646x222px) images and it will display a rotating banner on your page. This could be used to…
- Customer Testimonials – link to a page with more
- Webinars – Give the time, date and location where they can join in
- Case Studies – Add in the clients logo, testimonial and a link to the full version
- Blog Post – Highlight a latest post you’ve produced
- Slideshare Deck – Link them off to where they can view your latest deck
- Video – Promote a video and link to where they can view it
- Landing Page – Drive traffic to a page where you can collect their email address in return for an ebook
- Social Channels – Let them know where else they can keep in touch with you
There’s more, from your sales and analytics data you’ll be able to tell which products/services are selling the best. So why not ensure they are at the top of your service list and sell more. Your able to select which services is highlighted and also change the order of any other services.
To top it all off your able to add a YouTube video to your page as well.
Now do you use all of these functionality’s on your LinkedIn Company page?
So, just on one page that you can edit there’s 4 areas in which you can promote yourself on LinkedIn. I’d be interested to see some examples out there and any specific successes you’ve had since working on your Company page.
By Steven Burles